Why do I need a website?
If you don’t already have one, you might be asking yourself the question “Why do I need a website?”. You might argue you have enough business as it is, you can’t afford a website, or you’re just not a computer-person.
It’s our opinion that every business needs a website, and companies which don’t invest in their online presence will be at a disadvantage. If you are in the ‘Why do I need a website camp’, here are 10 good reasons which might help you reach your decision.
- Perception – As consumers in today’s digital world, we expect the companies we buy from to have a website. How many times do you ask someone what their web address is? How often do you research products or services online? Companies without a website can be perceived to be insignificant and behind the times.
- Cost-effective marketing – Websites are an affordable way of marketing your company. Compared to the cost of advertising or even producing a print brochure, investing in a website is considerably lower cost and has the potential to reach a greater audience.
- Open all hours – when you have a website, your business shop window is open to the world 24/7. Your website never sleeps!
- Visibility – 84.1% of the world’s population is now online. For the majority of people, a company’s website is the first port of call when making the decision to buy a product or service.
People go online using their phones and tablets, as well as PCs. If you want to reach these people, a website is essential.
- Competition – If your competitors have a website and you don’t, you will lose business opportunities.
- Expand your market – If you have products or services you can sell nationwide or even internationally, having a website will give you a world-wide audience you could not reach in any other way.
- Showcase your products or services – how many times have your customers said, “I never knew you did that”? When you have a website, you can showcase all your products or services under one cost-effective online ‘roof’.
- Inform your customers – Giving advice doesn’t reduce your sales – it increases them. Using your website to freely give information and answer people’s questions up-front will boost your professional reputation and your sales.
- Demonstrate your expertise – If you’re a specialist in your field, you can use your website to build your reputation and credibility.
- Sell your products – Many small businesses sell their products online, reducing the need for expensive premises and higher staffing costs.
If your business is one of those which don’t yet have a website and you want to change this, contact WEB-right today. We’ll be pleased to help and advise you every step of the way. All you have to do is give us a call on 02392 503 742 or to request a call back.